Sunday, September 19, 2010

Banana Nut Bread


Banana Nut Bread Recipe

I've been doing a lot of baking on the weekend. It took me a while to figure out how to use a gas oven because all my mom and I ever used together was her electric one....

I think overall i still favor the electric fan forced version because when baking with a gas oven you have to do a lot of checking up on your baked goods. Additionally You have to start with the pan on the lower rack to bake the bottom of the cake and then turn it 180 degrees 15 minutes later because the gas flames are at the back....so that both sides brown evenly....then you have to move it to the top rack in the oven so that the top of your cake cooks and again turn it 180 degrees 15 minutes in so you get an even color on the top. Phew! Exhausting....but well worth the outcome of a perfectly yummy banana bread to have for "afternoon tea" :)

P.s. Notice that the Gourmet Magazine recipe has been adapted from a woman in Fair Lawn, NJ! I just couldn't resist giving it a try. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment